Model FAQ

SASCO Abandoned Mine Graffiti

Graffiti at the SASCO abandoned Mine

Model FAQ

What should I know?

  • You must be 18 years of age or older. I do not work with anyone under 18.
    • An unexpired U.S. Passport
    • A U.S. Passport Card
    • A Permanent Resident Card (often called a “green card”) or Alien 
    • An unexpired Temporary Resident Card
    • An unexpired foreign passport
    • An unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the United States Department of Homeland Security that includes a photograph 
    • An unexpired Employment Authorization Card
  • A second valid ID is required for nude models:
    • Driver’s license or I.D. card issued by a U.S. state or outlying possession of the U.S., provided it contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
    • Federal or state I.D. card provided it contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
    • School I.D. with photograph
    • U.S. Armed Services identification card or draft record
    • Voter Registration Card
    • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
    • Native American tribal document
    • Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
  • I shoot TFP for new models only. Once we work together, we can talk further.
  • I must see your portfolio prior to scheduling (send links only – no photos, please) – send to
  • I can help you set up a portfolio site, Facebook Page, Instagram or Model Mayhem account if you don’t already have one. I strongly recommend at least one or two of those sites if not all.
  • You must be legally able to sign a model release, property release, and/or other paperwork. Email me for copies of these forms.
  • Due to the nature of my work, I do not shoot photo or video of minors.
  • On the day of the shoot, you MUST bring a valid, government-issued ID. Additional ID may also be required.
  • I’m open to shoot pretty much anything.

What are your rates for models?

  • Current talent pay rates:
    $25/hr for non-nude and $50/hr for nudes.

How long are your shoots?

  • Shoots typically take 2-3 hours. I will let you know if other time requirements are in effect.

What forms do I have to sign?

Do you shoot nudes?

  • Yes. I do shoot nudes, but not all of my stuff is nudes. I’m open to many types of artwork – be they photo, video, or other media and art.
  • My nude work is R-Rated. Meaning implied nudity and mild nudity with a focus on eroticism and teasing with adult themes. Think basic nudes, pinups, cheesecake, etc.
  • If you want to shoot a specific type of genre or subject matter, let me know.

I'd like to work with you on a project, what should I do?

  • Thank you for your interest! I am happy you want to consider me.
  • Try to describe the concept briefly. Few, but important, details. Focus on the look and feel of it.
  • Include sketches, concept art, or other visual work that’s been done. Send links to any online samples.
  • Tell me what you are expecting from the finished product. What purpose do they serve? What will you do with the photos when completed?

Do you use creative briefs?

  • Most of the time, yes. I like working with them. I use a lot of storytelling to help bring more into my work.
  • They can be intimidating to models (new models, usually) who have never seen them.
  • A creative brief basically lays out the details of the project in terms of its creative elements. It should also include practical information like location, costume, makeup, hair, set, etc.
  • I will usually send one for any paid project.
  • I usually keep my TFP shoots more informal unless we’ve already discussed it.

Will you assign copyright to another party, allow me to copyright, or share copyright(s) with me?

  • Nope. I retain exclusive copyright. Federal copyright law clearly defines photographer rights to duplication of images.(
  • I do not use (or sign) any contracts with “work-for-hire” type wording.
  • I DO license my images and other art for various uses. Please see the Contact Page for rate information and links to my stock sites where some of my work is already available for license.
  • If you don’t see one you would like to license, please let me know.

Anything else?

  • Tattoos are fine for photography and video that is not stock. Tattoos must be covered for stock unless you have a written property release from the tattoo artist. Contact me first!
  • Shoots take 2-3 hours or more plus prep, makeup, hair, etc. so plan accordingly.
  • I’ll need your measurements. If you have a range of sizes, I can work with it (there’s little consistency in womens’ clothing sizes so a range is fine).
  • Usually: dress, shoe, waist, hips, bust, and shoe.
  • Neck/sleeve/inseam/waist/shoe sizes for men.
  • If you have any ideas or concepts to develop, let’s bash ’em out via email or in-person as needed.

Join Us!

* indicates required

Email Format

Powered by MailChimp